I myself suffer from stem warts from time to time.
Stem warts, also known as fibromas, are small skin growths commonly found on the neck, armpits, groin and under the breasts. Although they are generally harmless, they can be cosmetically distracting for many people. Fortunately, there are several treatment methods available to get rid of these annoying skin growths. In this article, we discuss both the medical approach, which involves going to the doctor, and the natural method, which uses tea tree essential oil.
The Medical Approach
Visit to the Dermatologist
If you suffer from many stem warts and are looking for a quick and effective solution, it is advisable to visit a dermatologist. A dermatologist is a specialist in skin conditions and can offer various treatment options. Some of the most common methods include:
- Excision: The dermatologist cuts away the stem wart with a scalpel. This is a simple procedure that is usually performed under local anaesthetic. The wound generally heals quickly without much scarring.
- Cryotherapy: This uses liquid nitrogen to freeze the stem wart, destroying it. It may take some time for the wart to disappear completely, and temporary redness and swelling may occur.
- Electrocoagulation: Using an electrically charged needle, the stem wart is heated and destroyed. Although this method is effective, it may take some time for the skin to heal completely.
- Laser therapy: a laser beam is used to selectively destroy the stem wart. This is a safe and effective method that leaves little to no scarring.
Self-treatment with Tea Tree Essential Oil
For those who prefer natural treatment methods, tea tree essential oil may be a good option. Tea tree oil has natural antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties, which can make it useful in reducing the size of stem warts. Here is how to use tea tree essential oil to remove stem warts:
- Clean the area around the wart thoroughly with soap and water and pat it dry.
- Apply a drop of pure tea tree oil to a cotton ball.
- Gently dab the cotton swab on the stem wart and leave it on for a few hours.
- Repeat this procedure twice a day for several weeks.
When I tried this myself, the stem warts were gone really quickly. However, it does not seem to have the same effect on everyone.